Giving to Cornell
At the heart of Cornell's success is the generous support of our alumni, parents and friends. Your gifts support everything from student scholarships to faculty research; from new lab equipment to off-campus course offerings.
Choose a method that allows you to impact Cornell most conveniently.
Annual Fund and Parents Fund gifts bridge the gap between tuition and the actual cost of educating our students and sustain the opportunities and excellence of the Cornell experience.
Gifts to endowment and capital improvements strengthen the Hilltop for the future.
Planned giving options deliver financial benefits and support the college in ways you never dreamed possible.
Make your gift. Choose the method that allows you to impact Cornell most conveniently.
- Make a gift online
- Become a Sustaining Partner with an automatic monthly gift
- Make your gift by phone: Call us toll-free at (877) 683-7666.
- Send your gift through the mail: Send a personal or certified check, made payable to Cornell College, to
Office of Advancement
600 First Street SW
Mount Vernon, IA 52314-1098
- Find out if your employer will match your gift
- Give a gift of stock or appreciated assets [pdf]
- Explore other opportunities with financial benefits for both you and Cornell through a Planned Gift
- Securities: Give shares of appreciated stock, mutual funds, bonds, and other investment instruments. Click here for instructions on transferring securities to Cornell. [pdf]
- Real Estate and Personal Property: Donate a home, farmland, antiques, and other valuable property in your estate.
- Retirement Assets: Give IRA, 401(k), and other retirement assets to maximize your funds and avoid tax penalties.
- Life Insurance: Make Cornell the owner and or beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Will: Factor us into your estate plan to ensure Cornell's financial future for generations to come.